Westdale Middle School
Westdale Middle School's Headline News
LEAP 2025 testing begins today (April 8) and continues through April 15. Good Luck Hawks!
Test Taking Strategy #5 – Elimination
- ELIMINATE obviously wrong answers first.
- ELIMINATE choices that are only partly correct.
- ELIMINATE items that are correct but do not answer the question.
Test Taking Strategy #4 – Look for Clues
- When the answer is not clear look for CLUES to help you find the answer.
- LOOK at the context clues, word tense, and grammar choice when reading question and answer choices.
Test Taking Strategy #3 – Use Your Time Wisely
- Do NOT spend too much time on any one question.
- Answer EVERY question. Sometimes your best guess is better than no answer at all.
- Use ALL of your time. Use your extra time to review for mistakes.
- Answer the EASIEST question FIRST. Then go back to the ones you skipped.
Test Taking Strategy #2 – Listen, Read, and Ask
- Listen and Read – Always listen to the directions given by the teacher.
- Read and Re-Read – Read and RE-READ the written directions before beginning the test. Read ALL of the answer choices BEFORE answering the question.
- ASK questions if you do not understand.
Test Taking Strategy #1 – Get Ready for the Test
- Get plenty of rest. Try to get at least 8 hours sleep the night before the test.
- Eat a good nutritious breakfast each morning.
- Avoid the morning rush. Put out your clothes at night and make sure to get to school on time.