We had our open house in February and we are so lucky to have support from our Superintendent, Warren Drake, and the President of the EBR School Board, Mike Gaudet! Thank you for your support of our school!
We make every day a great day for learning at Southdowns!
Watch below to see a few of the ways that we have fun while learning!
Our Mission: The faculty and staff of Southdowns will provide a quality pre-school education in a nurturing and safe environment to prepare students for the future.
Our Vision: To prepare students to reach their full potential in relationships, kindergarten, the community and life.
• Southdowns Pre-Kindergarten Center follows the East Baton Rouge Parish curriculum for Pre-K students as well as all state mandates. We have three types of classes in which our typically developing students participate: BEST, LA4, and Reverse Mainstream.
• We also offer appropriate class placement for 3-5 year olds who have special needs, such as developmental delays or autism. Students with special needs have opportunities to interact with typically developing peers in classroom settings.
• Each classroom has one teacher and at least one paraprofessional.
• Speech therapy, occupational therapy, adapted physical education, and physical therapy services are provided as determined by a 1508 evaluation and IEP.
• Opportunities to have math and reading skills reinforced with iPads, Smart Tables, and SMART boards in our classrooms.
Certified Pre-K Teachers
Certified Special Education Teachers
Paraprofessionals in all classrooms
Certified Speech/Language Pathologists
Adapted Physical Education Teachers
Related Services- Occupational, Physical, Hearing Impaired, and Vision Therapists
Full-time School Nurse
Full-time Guidance Counselor
Six Nationally Board Certified Teachers
2050 Hood Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Phone Number: 225-346-1127 Fax Number: 225-381-7228