The faculty and staff of Southdowns will provide a quality pre-school education in a nurturing and safe environment to prepare students for the future.
To prepare students to reach their full potential in relationships, kindergarten, the community and life.
Southdowns Pre-Kindergarten Center follows the East Baton Rouge Parish curriculum for Pre-K students as well as all state mandates. We have three types of classes in which our typically developing students participate: BEST, LA4, and Reverse Mainstream.
• We also offer appropriate class placement for 3-5 year olds who have special needs, such as developmental delays or autism. Students with special needs have opportunities to interact with typically developing peers in classroom settings.
• Each classroom has one teacher and at least one paraprofessional.
• Speech therapy, occupational therapy, adapted physical education, and physical therapy services are provided as determined by a 1508 evaluation and IEP.
• Opportunities to have math and reading skills reinforced with iPads, Smart Tables, and SMART boards in our classrooms.
- Certified Pre-K Teachers
- Certified Special Education Teachers
- Paraprofessionals in all classrooms
- Certified Speech/Language Pathologists
- Adapted Physical Education Teachers
- Related Services- Occupational, Physical, and Vision Therapists
- Full-time School Nurse
- Full-time Guidance Counselor
- Six Nationally Board Certified Teachers
- Speech Therapists currently on staff