We make every day a great day for learning at Southdowns!
Watch below to see a few of the ways that we have fun while learning!
Our Mission: The faculty and staff of Southdowns will provide a quality pre-school education in a nurturing and safe environment to prepare students for the future.
Our Vision: To prepare students to reach their full potential in relationships, kindergarten, the community and life.
• Southdowns Pre-Kindergarten Center follows the East Baton Rouge Parish curriculum for Pre-K students as well as all state mandates. We have three types of classes in which our typically developing students participate: BEST, LA4, and Reverse Mainstream.
• We also offer appropriate class placement for 3-5 year olds who have special needs, such as developmental delays or autism. Students with special needs have opportunities to interact with typically developing peers in classroom settings.
• Each classroom has one teacher and at least one paraprofessional.
• Speech therapy, occupational therapy, adapted physical education, and physical therapy services are provided as determined by a 1508 evaluation and IEP.
• Opportunities to have math and reading skills reinforced with iPads, Smart Tables, and SMART boards in our classrooms.
Certified Pre-K Teachers
Certified Special Education Teachers
Paraprofessionals in all classrooms
Certified Speech/Language Pathologists
Adapted Physical Education Teachers
Related Services- Occupational, Physical, Hearing Impaired, and Vision Therapists
Full-time School Nurse
Full-time Guidance Counselor
Six Nationally Board Certified Teachers
2050 Hood Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Phone Number: 225-346-1127 Fax Number: 225-381-7228