Building A Brighter Future
Progress Elementary mission in partnership with its children, families, community, and East Baton Rouge Parish, guarantees each child a superior education by providing quality instruction and a collaborative learning experience in a safe and orderly environment.
Progress Elementary’s vision is to prepare, motivate and inspire students by providing a collaborative learning environment.
“Great Minds Under Construction”
The educational program at Progress is geared toward reaching the educational needs of every student regardless of their learning level.
Together with parents and community,the staff and teachers at Progress Elementary School are committed to a focus on student achievement, and to the development of young people who are respectful, responsible, and caring.
Parents as we begin another phase of students returning to school. Students who are attending school face-to-face will return on Monday, October 5, 2020. We want to welcome you and them back to Progress. To assist students with a smooth transition, please be in compliance with these guidelines.
- Students must wear masks to school.
- Bring book sack, chromebook and charger to school.
- Students will not be allowed to share materials, so make sure they have supplies.
- We are asking parents to bring two rolls of paper towels.
- Those who selected to attend face-to-face must be in attendance each day. They will not be allowed to alternate days of virtual and face-to-face. If they are not at school they will be marked absent for the day. They will not have access to assignments via Google Classroom.
- If your child has received a “D” or “F” please contact your child’s teacher to set up a conference.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
WHAT ONLINE PLATFORMS WILL BE USED THIS YEAR?
- Google Classroom– assignments, grading, teacher-student communication
- Google Meets – virtual lessons, small-group instruction, parent/teacher conferences
- ClassTag – whole-school and parent-teacher communication/messaging
- Clever – single sign-on portal for most student digital resources
- Student Progress Center – check grades, attendance, student log-in information (how to page)
- The Student Progress Center will be available by August 10th