There's no better place to succeed than Magnolia Woods!
Welcome Letter from Principal Kim Dipalma
July 12, 2018
Dear Parents and Students,
On behalf of the staff at Magnolia Woods Elementary, I am happy to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! I hope you have enjoyed your summer and that you are relaxed, recharged and ready to get back to school. My staff and I are looking forward to working with you to ensure a successful school year for your children.
Each year brings positive change. We welcome several new additions to our school staff. All teachers are eagerly waiting to meet their classes. Many teachers are already working in their classroom and planning for the new year.
If you have not had a chance to come by school this summer, you may not know that our entire school is being repainted. Although the work is not totally completed, the areas that are finished look so nice and fresh. Our students will be happy to see this welcome update to our buildings.
We have planned a Meet and Greet afternoon on Wednesday, August 8 from 2:00-3:00. During this time you will be able to come by school to meet your child’s new teacher and drop off school supplies. We intentionally planned this for just an hour so that our classroom teachers can finalize their preparations for the first day of school. All new student registration and bus information will be handled Thursday, August 9 in our auditorium. Our Back-to-School Open house is scheduled for August 22 at 5:30. We look forward to seeing our families then.
We’ve uploaded the school supply list and our Student/Parent Handbook to this website. Please take time to view these documents.
My staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school community. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you again.
MAGNOLIA WOODS MISSION AND PLEDGE
I will strive to leave my school with the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to become an active member of a dynamic learning community.
Therefore, I will
Eager to Learn
Respect myself and others
Because there is not better place to succeed than Magnolia Woods.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR THE 2018-20 19 SCHOOL YEAR
School Supply List
Click here for the School Supply List 2018-19
- Your child must have a signed note if you are requesting they go home a different way than usual.
- You may not check out your student after 2:45 p.m.
- The carpool line is on the Baird Lane side of the school. You should approach the school from the direction of Chandler Street or Walden subdivision.
- Cell phones are not allowed on our school campus. Bringing to school a cell phone or similar device is solely at the student’s risk. Neither the School Board nor the school shall be liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged device including any confiscated device. (EBR Students Rights and Responsibilities Handbook and Discipline Policy)
- Belts are required for bottoms with belt loops
Parent/Student Handbook 2018-2019
Click here for the Magnolia Woods Parent Student Handbook 2018-19