Glen Oaks High School Attendance Rules
According to the Louisiana Department of Education, students missing more than 5 days during the semester will not be given credit for the courses taken. Exceptions can only be made in the event of personal illness (verified by a physician) or other extenuating circumstances approved by the Supervisor of CWA.
Glen Oaks High School attendance policy mirrors the East Baton Rouge School’s policy. The only excused absences are (1) personal illness, (2) death, (3) court, and (4) observance of particular religious faith. Absences for any other reasons are unexcused.
Being absent from school is no excuse to not be “ready for class” on the day a student returns to school.
- For the absence to be excused, a doctor’s excuse or legal excuse for the day(s) absence must be presented to the attendance clerk in the attendance office within 3 days of the student’s return to school.
- The attendance clerk will excuse the absence in the eSchoolplus system.
- The principal must approve all other absences non-related to illness, death, and court. Prior notification and a written explanation is required.
- Reminder: Students are only allowed 5 handwritten excuses per semester.
- No check-ins after 10:00 A.M. without a parent or a doctor’s excuse or court papers.
- No check-outs over the telephone, your contact person must be verified, and no check-outs after 2:00 P.M.
Students – You are tardy if you are not in class when the bell begins to ring. If you are more than 10 minutes late, a class cut will be recorded and further disciplinary action will take place. The following guidelines will be used to handle tardies:
- 1st – 3rd Tardies – Recorded and warned
- 4th tardy – Mandatory parent conference
- 5th tardy – Student assigned TOR
- 6th- 7th tardies – 2 day suspension