"Success is the ONLY option."
Welcome to Glen Oaks High School, a tradition of excellence since 1960. The faculty and staff of Glen Oaks High School recognize the importance of providing and maintaining an educational environment which will ensure that all Glen Oaks High School students will develop certain insights, skills, and attitudes that will enable them to live a satisfying and productive life that contributes to the welfare of their community. This environment will be compatible with the realities and needs of society and will encourage the unified efforts of parents, community, and school.
The mission of Glen Oaks High is “success is the ONLY option.”
In order to fulfill this mission, the faculty and staff will work together to coordinate activities and strategies designed to strengthen the instructional program. Success will be evidenced by students’ development in these areas:
- Basic cognitive skills. Each student will be able to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Necessary effective attributes. Each student will feel he or she is an individual with both dignity and worth.
- Critical thinking skills and practical applications. Each student will be able to apply concrete data to abstract ideas and yield a premise.
Glen Oaks Magnet Dress Code and Uniform & Grooming Regulations
The purpose of a dress code is to help maintain a positive school environment where students can reach their potential and ready themselves for the challenges they will meet after high school. All students attending Glen Oaks High School will be expected to follow the dress code, as written.
Polo knit short or long sleeve shirt with a collar and school logo
- Red, Black, or Grey with Glen Oaks High logo
- Tee shirts (long or short sleeve) worn under the school shirt must be red, white, or black.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times
9th – Red Shirts with school logo / Glen Oaks Magnet
10th thru 12th – Grey or Black Shirt with school logo / Glen Oaks Magnet
12th only – Gray or Black Shirt with checkered collar and school logo. In addition SENIORS may wear Black, Gray, or White blouses (female) and oxford button down shirts (male) with the school logo /Glen Oaks Magnet
Videos and Recent Facebook Posts
Like us on Facebook! Search for “Glen Oaks Magnet.”
Join the Glen Oaks High Remind text message system. Text @glenoaksm to phone number 81010 to get important updates from our principal.