"Success is the ONLY option."
Welcome to Glen Oaks High School, a tradition of excellence since 1960. The faculty and staff of Glen Oaks High School recognize the importance of providing and maintaining an educational environment which will ensure that all Glen Oaks High School students will develop certain insights, skills, and attitudes that will enable them to live a satisfying and productive life that contributes to the welfare of their community. This environment will be compatible with the realities and needs of society and will encourage the unified efforts of parents, community, and school.
The mission of Glen Oaks High is “success is the ONLY option.”
In order to fulfill this mission, the faculty and staff will work together to coordinate activities and strategies designed to strengthen the instructional program. Success will be evidenced by students’ development in these areas:
- Basic cognitive skills. Each student will be able to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Necessary effective attributes. Each student will feel he or she is an individual with both dignity and worth.
- Critical thinking skills and practical applications. Each student will be able to apply concrete data to abstract ideas and yield a premise.
EBRPSS CLIMATE & CULTURE PARENT SURVEY
The school district is requesting that all parents complete the EBRPSS Climate & Culture Parent Survey for the 2017-2018 school year no later than the end of the day of May 11, 2018. The survey is available in English and in Spanish. The survey can also be found on the school district’s website homepage. Click on the “Time for Survey” icon to begin.
EBRPSS SALES TAXES RENEWAL – APRIL 28TH!
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System is dedicated to serving this entire community through a one cent sales tax renewal broken down into 3 Propositions.
1. Building new schools and upgrading facilities and technology across the district
2. Enhancing alternative education and truancy efforts for improved learning environment
3. Maintaining the salary supplement for all staff in order to retain the best personnel possible
These 3 propositions impact every student, every employee, every school and every community! Learn. Share. Vote – Mark your calendars for April 28th. Visit www.buildingthefutureofbr.org today to find out more!
INTERESTED IN SENDING YOUR STUDENT TO OUR MEDICAL MAGNET OR OUR CENTER OR EXCELLENCE?
There is still time to apply! Go to EBR Magnet for more information and the application process.
Like us on Facebook! Search for “Glen Oaks Magnet.”
Join the Glen Oaks High Remind text message system. Text @glenoaksm to phone number 81010 to get important updates from our principal.