Providing an Accelerated Curriculum Early
Who is eligible to apply for the PACE program?
- 3rd, 4th, or 5th fifth grade students who have previously been placed into gifted classrooms through the Scholastic Academy and currently have all A’s and B’s or a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Score 70% or higher on the IQ portion of the gifted evaluation.
- Score 70% or higher on the Reading AND Math evaluation from pupil appraisal.
How will students benefit from the PACE program?
- Students accepted in the PACE program will be placed into a classroom setting with other accelerated students that meet the established criteria.
- PACE will focus on academically accelerating students through the use of higher order thinking skills and problem-based learning. This acceleration will benefit students who desire to enter the Great Scholars Academy and/or attempt to test into the gifted program in middle school.
How do students maintain their placement in the PACE program?
- Score Proficient or higher on all areas of the state test
- Maintain all A’s and B’s or a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Maintain good behavior and follow all EBRPSS discipline guidelines
Will transportation be provided?
- Transportation will be provided for all students accepted in the PACE program.
For more information about the PACE program, click the following link: PACE Application 3.6.2017 (1)